Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday Post

 
I've never done a Sunday Post before.
This is a first for me.
Hellloooo Everybody!
 
The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
 
It is overcast and gray (grey?) here in Northern Nevada.
We don't get much rain, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
Which would make it a good day to stay inside and read. Or bake.  Bake and Read!
I have my Pandora set to shuffle---I just went from Ambrosia to R.E.M. to the Eagles.  (I just gave away my age, didn't I?)
But, because it's on Shuffle-- Harry Connick Jr. is now singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  (guess I should take off my Holiday channels before starting the shuffle) And while I do love Christmas music, it's still a bit early for me.
 
 
 
This past week on my blog:
 
Before I go on.... I am trying to make every recipe in a homemade cookbook (it's called the Friday Friend Cookbook ), so besides books, I have quite a few food posts. 
 
This meme is now being hosted by Kathrine at Book Date.
 
 
Dinner with my Foodie Friends.
I don't have the words to say how much fun we have.
 
 
This meme is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea.
A fun way to share what we might be reading soon!
 
 
A view from the train window.
 
 
Where I answer the question--what one book still haunts me today?
 
 
A book review---even tho I don't really 'review'.
 
 
From my favorite mother-in-law.
 
 
Wow!  8 posts---that is a lot for me!
 
Blogging things to accomplish before Wednesday morning:
When I am headed to Arizona to see some grandchildren!
 
Posts on:
Food 'n Flix
R.I.P.
Stephen King Read-a-long  (Salem's Lot)
 
 
Books I want to finish this week:
Doll Baby
Salem's Lot (I better hurry if I want to write up a post in the next 2 days)
Kitchen's of the Great Midwest
 
Craziest thing I did this past week?
I decided to see what kind of Clam Chowder was everyone's favorite.   Let me tell you, I live an exciting life!  Made 3 different clam chowders and 3 desserts/treats and 4 appetizers in one day, for our Friday Night Friends.
The ones we have dinner with every Friday night, IF neither of us is doing anything else.
We've been doing it for years and years.
17 to be exact.
It is so comfortable and normal I can wear my slippers over there if I want to.
And sometimes I do.
 

 
I hope to post on this sometime this week too, BUT I don't know if I can make it, so you just might have to wait until November.
Speaking of November, I'm going to participate in:
 
 
Besides participating in their weekly post challenges, I plan on reading a couple of great non-fiction books this month.
 

 
 
Sometimes when we don't have a book on CD, I have been known to read aloud to the Handyman when we are on road trips.
It's 12 hours to Phoenix. He's in for a treat!  LBJ--ha ha!
 
I keep hoping that the rain has begun, but it will probably blow over us like it does 98% of the time.
 
I am going to leave you with a few pics of the Clam Chowder Cookoff
(where I was the winner AND the loser!)
And I hope to post about this.... soon.
 

 

 
 
and to keep it real
(I stole that line from the Pioneer Woman)
When the night is over,  my kitchen looks like this....
 
 
 
 
SHE WANTS ME TO COOK WHAT?
(or maybe her inner-vampire is coming out?)
 


I asked my sweet daughter-in-law to make the Bourbon Bread Pudding.
(it's so good and warm and bourbony right out of the oven with a bourbon glaze)
And a fine job she did.
(she and my friend Robbie, who will be pictured in the REAL blog post)


 

 
Men with beer bottles playing cribbage in the background.
I told you, we are wild on Friday Nights!
(it looks like the Handyman has a question?)
(like when can we have some chowder?)
 
I'm giving away too much!
Stay tuned.
 

 

5 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Your Friday nights sound awesome, and yum to all the food. I love the Eagles and agree it is a tad early from Christmas songs..lol. Have an awesome week.

RAnn said...

Everything looks yummy!

Tanya @ Girl Plus Books said...

Oh boy, you took me back mentioning Ambrosia and the Eagles. Guess I'm showing my age, too. LOL Love your food pics! I'm not a fan of clam chowder but your yummy pics even had me thinking how good it all looked. :)

Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

bermudaonion said...

I agree with Kimba - your Friday nights sound like a lot of fun. I wish I could join you for one!

Jan said...

I like all the photos from your Friday night fun. Here in Maryland we have Maryland Clam Chowder (tomato based chowder), but New England Clam Chowder is my favorite!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...