Monday, March 2, 2015

Termination Dust


From Goodreads:
The virgin landscape along the Yukon River has hardly changed since the gold rush began in 1897. Frostbiting winds slice the rugged terrain, and, like a shroud, the first dusting of snow covers the low hills. Braving thick snow on the Top of the World Highway--where one slip could mean a fall down thousands a cold-blooded killer. His only witness is Jim Hampton, a rugged canoeist whose vacation has abruptly ended. And Jensen's only clue is an 1898 journal--detailing an eerily similar murder--that Hampton discovered on the killer's path


From Me:
This is the 2nd in the series by Sue Henry (the first was Murder on the Iditarod Trail) 

One of the reasons I read series mysteries is because of the sense of place. 
I love that feeling of 'being there' and getting to know the setting.  You can really feel the author's love for where the story is set and I appreciate  that so much--the love of place.  It makes me love it a little bit even tho I've usually never been there, to where the story takes place.
  I truly feel this in Arnold's books-- her love and sense of place.
I also love the character development that a series gives to it's characters, but sometimes you have to be really committed to the whole series to see that play out.

 I  enjoyed getting to know  the main characters Alex Jenson and Jessie Arnold in both books,  this one was just okay. It moved a bit slow for me.

I'm going to give this book 3 stars.
And then say I probably won't read any more in the series.  I just can't play catch up right now.  
So many books, so little time....

**also I can't really make sense out of the Goodreads description.  I think they missed a couple of sentences.  I just copied and pasted that -- but??

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...