Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Friday Friend Recipe #35 -- Santa Fe Chicken


Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #35

Shelly's
Santa Fe Chicken


I will definitely be making this one again!
Super simple and  the Handyman liked it too.
Chicken chunks in a slightly spicy sauce over a bed of rice, topped with some cheese.
Wah-la!  You have dinner.


Santa Fe Chicken
Shelly Noble
Winnemucca, NV

1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup salsa
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

Spray skillet with Pam and cook chicken.  Add rest.  Mix well and heat thru. Serve with rice. top with shredded Jack cheese.



And now,  Friday Friend Shelly Noble!
You've met her before  (click here to see )

This countdown is fun for me to go thru all those candid photos and use really random ones.
Like these...

Here is Shelly cutting brownies -- we are having a dinner at her house.  

I thought it appropriate that I share a picture of Shelly and food.

but wait--what is that yellow cylinder on the counter?
It looks like a can of Pledge (dusting spray) 
Hmmmm?? 
It can't be, can it?



I don't know---perhaps this is Shelly in shock, after Cindy tells her she left a can of Pledge on the counter.

(I'm just cracking  myself up today)

Like I said, this is a GREAT way to use all my random photos.


2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

That looks yummy!

I don't think that's Pam - I think it's some kind of topping - maybe for ice cream?

Tina said...

Great photos - I love the photos which aren't posed. Best ones!

I kinda fell by the wayside with my cookbook countdown. There is a story. Maybe I'll blog about it.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...